Last night my darling husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I struggled to come up with an answer for something affordable, you know, something do-able. Something that’s all those things — but something I actually WANT.
You see, I don’t need a lot of things. I have a lovely home with plenty to eat and we’re happy. We’ve been married for 12 years though, so I do have things that could use replacing. Our towels are scraggly and stained because we have white towels and I use black hair dye. My toaster hasn’t worked properly since Zach our late Lab pulled it off the counter and I guess it would be kind of nice to use the bagel setting. Also, I have a 15% off coupon for the running room on the fridge and I guess some new running shoes would be nice… You know. Stuff.
But marriage is a two-way street and we’re partners right? I can’t tell him what I really want, because what I want is utterly irresponsible and costs thousands of dollars. We’re not made of money — and quite honestly, I married an accountant, paying down the mortgage will always top jewellery. That’s part of why I love him, he keeps my head out of the clouds. But if we win the lottery before Oct. 31, here’s what I really want…
* I want a diamond eternity ring. Preferably this one. I know what you’re thinking, why don’t I just tell him? Well, maybe. Or maybe I’ll just tell him to read my blog.
* A pied-a-terre in NYC would rock my world, preferably in Greenwich Village next to Tom and Giselle…
* Reliving my best vacation ever at the amazing Canyon Ranch Spa in Miami, FL. Sun, sand, yoga, spa treatments, mojitos to die for and delicious healthy cuisine.
Seriously. Best vacation. EVER!
* A day without calories would be awfully nice
* A new car that isn’t a minivan so I could turn heads at the grocery store? How about this one, it’s a seven seater?
How about you, if you could have anything what would it be?